Add some Christmas cheer with this round up of the best cocktails to add to the festivities.
1. Tanqueray No. TEN Dirty Martini – a classic cocktail
- 50ml Tanqueray NoTEN
- 10ml dry vermouth
- 5ml olive brine
- Stir the Tanqueray No. TEN, Olive Brine and Dry Vermouth together, and pour it into a chilled martini glass.
2. Junimperium Spiked Hot Chocolate
- 50ml Junimperium winter edition gin
- 150ml Fresh, cold milk
- 40g of Rococo dark chocolate
- 25ml sugar syrup
- Whipped cream to garnish
- On the saucepan, mix together, milk, sugar syrup and grind in the chocolate.
- Stir the mix until the chocolate has dissolved, leaving only pinch left on top, turn off the stove.
- Pour in the glass and add the gin. Stir, until it is mixed.
- Add a bit of grinded chocolate and a slice of dehydrated orange.
- Finish with 10cl of whipped cream on top.
3. Palm Beach Hot Chocolate
- 50ml Palm Beach Banana and Butterscotch Rum Liqueur
- 25ml Hotel Chocolat Cream Liqueur
- Top with hot chocolate
- Add 50ml of Palm Beach Banana and Butterscotch Rum Liqueur and 25ml of the Hotel Chocolat Cream Liqueur to a mug.
- Separately, create your hot chocolate and when ready, also add to the mug.
- Top with mini marshmallows and enjoy.
4. The Copper Dog Copper Toddy
- 40ml Copper Dog
- 20ml Fortnum’s X Conker Distillery Cold Brew Tea Liqueur
- 125ml medium cider
- 1 star anise
- 1 lemon wedge
To make the Earl Grey syrup
- To create the Earl Grey syrup steep an Earl Grey tea bag in a cup of boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Mix equal parts caster sugar and boiling tea, stir until all sugar is dissolved.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and stir again and pour into a mug (the VonShef Copper Moscow Mule Glasses add further to the theme).
- Heat all ingredients in a small saucepan on a gentle heat and make sure not to boil.
5. Woodford Reserve – Old Fashioned
- 50ml Woodford Reserve
- 15ml sugar syrup
- 3 dashes of angostura bitters
- Add the sugar syrup to the glass with the bitters.
- Add roughly 1/3 of the Woodford Reserve with 3 ice cubes and stir. Keep repeating until the Woodford Reserve is finished.
- Garnish with an orange twist, cherry and serve.
6. Hawkes Winter Cider
- 1 litre Hawkes Winter Cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 cloves
- Small cube of fresh ginger
- Orange peel
- Add all the ingredients into a large pan on a medium/low heat. Simmer for 30 minutes to release flavour from ingredients.
- Leave spices and peel in the pan and ladle cider into a heatproof glass (Muji offer heat-resistant glasses).
- Add a slice of orange to garnish.
Hawkes Winter Cider 3L box, £16.95 (brewdog.com)
7. Bala Baya Spirit of Christmas
- 50ml Smokey Monkey Shoulder
- 15ml cherry heering liqueur
- 15ml antica banana liqueur
- Freeze-dried cherry powder
- Add the smokey spirit to the liqueurs, and shake till everything is combined.
- Finish with a sprinkling of Freeze-Dried Cherry Powder (it can be picked up online and health food stores).
8. J&B Rare Clementine High Ball
- 50ml J&B Rare
- 125ml Franklin & Son’s Mandarin mixer
- 4 dashes of orange bitters
- 5ml sugar syrup
- Zest of an orange and star anise
- In a highball glass add ice and build the ingredients.
- Garnish with the zest of an orange and one star anise.
9. Aluna Martini
- 50ml Aluna Coconut Coffee Liqueur (vegan)
- Double Shot Espresso Martini
- Shake all ingredients with cubed ice. Strain into a coupe.
- Garnish with coffee beans and grated chocolate.
- If you’re looking for something a little stronger, add 15ml of Aluna Coconut to keep the coconut coming.
Aluna Coconut Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur is vegan and bottled at 25% abv. Available in 50cl bottles, £20 (alunacoconut.com)
10. Smokehead Snow Ball
The 5cl bottles of Smokehead original, High Voltage and the brand-new expression Rum Rebel, are the ideal measure to sample and enjoy Smokehead neat or mix it up in a daring Christmas cocktail, such as:
- 25ml Smokehead
- 50ml Advocaat
- 12.5ml gingerbread syrup
- Add Smokehead, Advocaat and gingerbread syrup to an ice-filled glass.
- Stir and top up with lemonade.