We’re feeling all patriotic at Fabric HQ, and in honour of St George’s Day on Sunday we asked master distiller, Jake F Burger, from The Distillery (home of Portobello Road Gin) to give us one of his most nostalgic English cocktail recipes. He’s created seven drinks, which will be available at The Distillery on Sunday, and they are made with and/or served in the packaging of an iconic English food brand.
Nothing says ‘English’ more than tea or gin, so try combining the two in this spiffing good show of a cocktail, the ‘Late Late Breakfast’:
- 5ml Portobello Road Gin
- 75ml peach flavoured ice tea
- 20ml lemon juice
- Dash of maple syrup
- 5 juniper berries
- Citrus slices and mint to garnish
- Take an empty tea caddy and fill with crushed ice.
- Add Portobello Road Gin, iced tea, lemon juice, maple syrup and juniper berries to a cocktail shaker and shake hard with ice, then strain over the ice into the tea caddy.
- Garnish with citrus slices and a mint sprig.
- Drink and then make another one!